Phrases from Yahoo
Maging and naging differences
May 3, 2012
‘Naging/nagiging’ is use for past tense while ‘maging/magiging’ is use for future tense.
maging – to be
naging – (past tense of maging)
Naging guro na ako. – I was a teacher.
Magiging guro ako. – I will be a teacher.
Hindi ko gusto na naging pangit ako. – I don’t like that I was ugly.
Hindi ko gusto na maging pangit ako. – I don’t like to be ugly.
Use ‘naging’ in Sentences:
- Naging mabait akong bata. – I became a good child.
- Hindi ako naging doktor. – I did not become a doctor.
- Naging masama ako. – I became bad.
- Naging mabuti ang buhay ko. – My life was good.
- Naging abala ako kanina. – I was busy a while ago.
- Naging inspirasiyon ko siya. – He/she was my inspiration.
Use ‘maging’ in Sentences:
- Gusto ko maging katulad mo. – I want to be like you.
- Hindi ko gusto maging ikaw. – I don’t want to be like you.
- Ayaw ko maging guro. – I don’t to be a teacher.
- Maging sino ka man mahal kita. – Whoever you are I love you.
- Maging akin ka sana. – I hope you will be mine.