'Marumi and Madumi' in English
April 26, 2012
Marumi and madumi have the same meaning in English, it means ‘dirty’.
Remember: You can use either of the two words.
maruming kamay – dirty hands
maruruming labahin – soiled clothes
maduduming plato – soiled disher
maduming kapaligiran – dirty surroundings
maruming bahay – dirty house
dumi / rumi – dirty
Ex: Ang dumi/rumi banyo. – The comfort room is dirty.
Ang dumi/rumi mo naman. – You are dirty.
napakarumi / napakadumi– very dirty
Ex: Napakadumi/ Napakarumi ng ng bahay. – The house is very dirty.
Napakadumi/napakarumi ng paa mo. – Your feel is very dirty.
maruming-marumi / maduming-madumi – very dirty
Ex: Maruming-marumi/maduming-madumi ang sala. – The living room is very dirty.
Maruming-marumi/maduming-madumi ang damit ko. – My dress is very dirty.
- Napakarumi mo. – You are very dirty.
- Marumi ang katawan ko. – My body is dirty.
- Linisan mo ang maduming sahig. – Clean the dirty floor.
Example in asking Questions:
- Madumi ba to? – Is this dirty?
- Madumi ba ako? – Am I dirty?
- Mukha ba akong madumi? – Do I look dirty?