Phrases from Yahoo
February 15, 2012
‘Palengke’ is a kind of public market in the Philippines. ‘Palengke’ mostly sells fresh fishes, meats, vegetables, and others. This is also called merkado.
- Madaming isda sa palengke. – There are a lot of fishes in the market.
- Bumili ka ng preskong gulay sa palengke. – Buy fresh vegetables in the market.
- Saan ang palengke dito? – Where is the market here?
- Mura sa palengke. – It’s cheap in the market.
- Nasa palengke siya. – He/she is on the market.
- Pupunta ako sa palengke. – I will go to the market.
- Sa palengke ka bumili dahil mura ang presyo. – You should buy in the market because the price is cheap.
- Madaming tao sa palengke. – Market has a lot of people.
- Madaming magnanakaw sa palengke. – There is a lot of thief in the market.
- Sa palengke ako maghihintay. – I will wait at the market.
- Malayo ang palengke. – The market is far away.
- Malapit lang ang palengke. – The market is just near.
- Bumili ka ng pagkain sa palengke. – Buy foods in the market.
- Mabahong isda sa palengke. – The market smells fish.
- Siksikan sa palengke. – The market is crowd.
- Pumunta ka sa palengke. – Go in the market.